Monday, November 26, 2012

Liebster Award


Yesterday the lovely Mirjam from Hallo September nominated me for the Liebster Award! I was really honoured that she chose me, along with 10 other bloggers, since I have only been blogging for 2 months.
Thank you so much Mirjam! I really appreciate it.

The Liebster award is given to smaller and upcoming bloggers in the blogosphere. It's also a great way of finding out about new blogs - when you win the Liebster Award, you answer a few questions, give the award to 11 other blogs (some say it's 5? I guess a lot of people make their own rules) and ask them 11 new questions.

Here are my answers to Mirjam's questions:

What's your favourite moment of the day?
Definitely the evening. I'm not really properly awake in the morning, I'm more of a night owl. I love lazy evenings when I just read or check my favourite blogs - bliss! I also love going out for dinner... too much. My wallet ain't too happy about the last one.

As a child, what did you want to become 'when I'm old' (and did you)? 
I wanted to be an artist or a writer! I really loved drawing and writing (I even started my own magazine when I was around 9 - I'll talk about that in an upcoming post ;) and at one point I *almost* illustrated a children's book (that's my claim to fame!). Somehow it didn't work out in the end though... I don't really have artistic aspirations anymore, but I'm still very much interested in art - I mean, I have an MA in Arts Management. I go to a lot of art exhibitions and just generally like to stay up-to-date with what's shaking up the art world. And I still want to write a book one day, that's one of my biggest dreams/goals. So I guess my interests have more or less stayed the same. :)

What's your favourite magazine?
OK, this is a tough one. I'm addicted to magazines! I was truly in magazine heaven when I lived in Scotland during my bachelor studies - there's SO many cool British magazines. I even wrote my BA thesis on fashion blogs vs fashion magazines, so yeah, it's super hard for me to choose a favourite. I like Elle Decoration UK and Vogue Paris a lot (although I don't like Vogue Paris as much as I used to now that Emmanuelle Alt is the editor-in-chief)I also really like the Czech magazine Dolce Vita.

Do you eat Chinese food with chopsticks?
Haha! I try, but anyway I don't really eat Chinese food that often. But I definitely eat sushi with chopsticks! :D

Tell about a family tradition.
Ringing the bell when Christmas presents are 'ready'. This is usually something you do when you have kids (it's meant to mean that Baby Jesus dropped some presents off.. yes, I also think it's weird!). Even though Czech people are really not religious (AT ALL), this Baby Jesus thing is somehow still a popular part of Christmas. The thing is, my parents somehow didn't get the memo that I'm (almost) 27 & this tradition is still going strong in our family. :D

Are you afraid of spiders?
No, not really (maybe only the humongous ones..). Actually, I always feel sorry for spiders when people kill them.

Do you mind losing a (board) game?
I think I always act all cool and people probably think I really don't mind losing, but let me tell you something... I can be very competitive. And I do not like losing. ;)

Red or white wine?
Rosé. ;)

Name your favourite city.
Again, super tough! I'll always, always love Montreal - I lived there for 5 years with my family about 10 years ago and it'll always hold a special place in my heart. I love my dear Helsinki for similar reasons. But if I could just pick a city where I'd live for the rest of my life at this very moment, I think I'd either go for Copenhagen or Stockholm. Maybe Copenhagen would win because of their bike culture - major brownie points!

If you could choose another first name which one would it be?
I love this question because even as a kid, I always envied people with middle names. Last year I found out that you can actually 'get' a middle name quite easily in the Czech Republic - you just go to the city registry office, choose your new middle name, pay a fee and voilà! You've got yourself a brand new middle name. Ever since then, I've been thinking about possible middle names & I think I'm pretty much set on Filippa at the moment (if I ever decide to go through with it).

What's the first blog you read after starting up your computer?
I always go to my Google Reader & check all the newest posts. But I'm always really excited to read posts by Rachel, Niki and Brinja.

Here are my nominees:

Head in the Clouds
My Scandinavian Home
Heart With Companion
Mode de Boulangerie
Recycling Mama

And here are the questions:

What's your secret hidden talent?
What's your favourite food?
How would you describe your fashion style?
What's your favourite spot in your home city?
Are you a sporty person?
What's the best restaurant you've ever been to?
What's your favourite song at the moment?

I kept my choices relatively short, as you can see (as opposed to my answers :D). Anyway, I'm excited to read all the answers of those who decide to participate!

Edit: I forgot to thank everyone for the lovely comments on my last post. I'm thankful for every single comment, but last time you guys really made my day. Thank you! 

Top photo source

10 comments:

  1. Hey just discovered your blog (via Story of my life blog). Wanted to say HI from one Martina to another :)

    Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You don't see our name in the blogosphere that often ;) x

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog too and love it! And we have something in common -- I devour magazines too! I say it's all in the name of "research" for my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for the nice comment!! :) x

      Delete
  3. Good Morning and thank you for the Liebster nomination! I feel so honored ! I wil get to your questions this evening so check in with me again tomorrow for the answers.
    Have a great day!
    Krisha @ http://recyclingmama.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'm excited to read your answers and nominees! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me for this award, so lovely of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind nomination! I hope you don't mind if I don't take part this time - I have participated before. I am very grateful though and want you to know that you have a lovely blog too.

    Lois x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey martina, congratz!
    You are a true blogger! and gave me some inspirations...
    veel plezier!
    Groetjes,
    Julia.

    ReplyDelete